A HYBRID HARNESS DESIGNED FOR DIVERS WHO WANT THE SUPPORT OF A BACKPACK STYLE HARNESS FOR BETTER WEIGHT-LOAD DISTRIBUTION, YET WISH TO DIVE A HARD METAL BACKPLATE.
Designed like a mountaineer's backpack, the TransPlate harness disperses weight across the hips and back, minimizing shoulder strain. When used with a 6-pound steel backplate, divers can remove or minimize weight pockets. Adjustable straps adapt to a wide variety of exposure suits and means easy donning and doffing. The modular design allows for customization with a wide variety of pockets and accessories.
Available in sizes Medium thru XXL. Made in the U.S.A.
Please note: Stainless steel and/or XT Lite backplates, and cam straps are sold separately.
- Shoulder pads constructed of 1000 denier ballistic nylon fabric for tear and abrasion resistance. Two-inch (50mm) nylon webbing rated at 7,000 lbs breaking strength forms the shoulder straps and waist strap.
- Four 2-inch D-rings on each shoulder strap are slightly bent for improved access and placement can be adjusted. Note: Size Medium has only one 2-inch D-ring per shoulder strap due to space limitations.
- Marine Grade 316 stainless steel hardware is used throughout including: (2) bent D-rings on each shoulder strap (except MED that has only 1 bent D-ring per shoulder) and (2) waist D-rings, XT chest plates, belt buckle, cam strap buckles, and side plates.
- Shoulder straps feature pivot rings at chest level for comfort, fit, and load distribution.
- Acetyl resin engineered plastic quick release buckles on shoulders for easy doff and don.
- One-inch nylon webbing rated at 2,200 lbs breaking strength and a Delrin 1-inch quick release buckle are used for a chest strap.
- Marine grade stainless steel base plates allow for proper placement of shoulder straps
- Plates can be moved forward or backward on the waist strap to get the best fit and performance.
- Weight: Med: 2lbs 7oz (1.10kg) / Lg:2 lbs 8 oz (1.16kg) / XL:2 lbs 9 oz (1.16kg) / XXL:3 lbs (1.36kg)
1.5" CROTCH STRAP
Does the standard 1" Crotch Strap have you singing an octave higher, but you like the convenience of a Quick Release buckle? The 1.5" Crotch Strap is a welcome change to old industry standards. It comes with a Quick Release buckle for divers who want the convenience of a crotch strap that can be adjusted on-the-fly, yet is more comfortable, especially if tension is added such as when scootering.
- 1.5" nylon crotch strap has 2,200 lbs tensile strength and is 38" (965 mm) long.
- Stainless steel 304 welded scooter ring.
- Delrin engineered plastic quick release buckle for easy doff and don.
- 3oz (85g)
Dispatch Time: 3-6 Business Days