Stainless Steel XT Backplate
An evolved design based on the tried and true original.
Our laser-cut, CNC deburred and electropolished XT backplate was designed with rounded corners to prevent pressure points and snagging. Built-in holes for for bungee allow divers to sidemount stage bottles without the need for modification, and slots for cam bands make it easy to carry a single tank with no need for an adapter. At 5.5 pounds, the XT backplate is perfect for diving with aluminum tanks, thick undergarments or anywhere extra weight is needed.
- 10 Gauge low carbon 316L Stainless Steel
- Laser cut, hand finished edges
- Electropolished and Laser Engraved
- 5.51 lbs (2.50 kg)
- 10.5 in (26.7 cm) at the widest point x 15 in (39.4 cm)
- 1.25 in (3.2 cm) depth (with contour)
- In-water buoyancy: -5.5 lbs (-2.5 kg)
- The Stainless Steel backplate is ideal when diving aluminum tanks because it adds weight to counteract aluminum buoyancy characteristics.
- When traveling with a rigid backplate, be sure to disassemble your plate / harness from the wing and store them separately during travel. This will reduce the possibility of the plate impacting and damaging the wing or other gear caused by objects shifting.
- The 316L grade of stainless steel is a rust resistand grade of stainless steel, however rinsing with freshwater after saltwater use is still recommended.
Dispatch Time: 7-10 Business Days