MTX-R First Stage
The MTX-R is based on the MTX military regulator and is a super tough, rugged, high performance, go anywhere regulator. The MTX-R has excellent cold water performance and has a greatly reduced risk of free
flow. This has been achieved by improving several areas, including an innovative endcap solution that solves a long-challenged reality for cold-water divers of first stage freeze up. This regulator is designed to meet all aspects of the NEDU (Navy Experimental Dive Unit) military requirements for diving in very cold water.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Compact environmentally dry sealed diaphragm system completely eliminating the maintenance issues.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap & environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- DIN, Yoke and M26 Thread available, 300 bar, 232 bar and M26 300 bar (O2) respectively.
- 5 x 3 / 8″ UNF (Unified National Fine) medium pressure ports
- 2 x 7 / 16″ UNF high pressure ports.
- Forged first stage body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Angled HP ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Forged rotating turret with medium pressure ports in a parallel direction for improved hose orientation.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Tested for Octopus use – EN250A to 60 meters cold water.
- Nitrox / Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O2 outside the EU (European Union).