The 2nd Generation Nomad LS continues to be one of the most versatile sidemount systems on the market. Its unique design makes it capable of easily handling steel or aluminum cylinders.
Utilizing a diamond shaped bladder with zero lift baffles, the Nomad LS allows the diver to trim out in a horizontal position with minimum adjustment.
The extremely durable exterior SuperFabric™ material is resistant to the elements of diving, whether diving on a quiet reef, pushing deep into a cave system, or scooting through a deck opening on a wreck dive.
A deluxe-style webbing harness using pivot rings on the shoulders provides a comfortable & customizable fit for nearly any size diver. The SuperFabricTM shoulder strap pads provide added durability from abrasions along with a channel on the left shoulder strap for the exhaust valve’s pull dump cord allowing for easy access. The cross-chest strap and a 2-inch (5 cm) padded crotch strap holds the harness securely in place, preventing unwanted shifting or movement of the harness no matter what type of diving you’re doing. The harness on the LS is removable if it needs to be replaced in the future.
With the valves on the front/inside of the wing, the corrugated inflator hose routes from the bottom/right of the wing up the diver’s side & secures to the chest, shoulder strap D-ring with a bungee loop for easy access. A second dump valve is located at the bottom, left corner of the wing. With the versatility of the Nomad LS & the ability to customize to your preference, the corrugated inflator hose & left-side dump valve can be used on either side of the wing by simply unscrewing each valve & swapping positions. With a third dump valve located at the top/inside of the wing with a pull cord routed down the left shoulder strap, there are multiple, easy access points to vent air from the wing with either hand. An optional 10 lbs. (4.5 kg) lift-capacity bailout bladder is available for divers needing a redundant source of buoyancy (model BC4575-DUAL).
The Nomad LS includes Dive Rite's Adjustable Bungee System, which allows for easy length adjustment to fit any diver without needing to tie knots. The Adjustable Bungee System also allows a diver to use any bungee configuration they desire, including: ring bungee, loop bungee with snap or loop bungee. A set of chokers are included for divers using Dive Rite's ring bungee & choker method. The butt plate, made of reinforced nylon to provide the proper amount of rigidity to hold tanks in position & eliminate sag along with two stainless steel rails, provides the lower attachment point for cylinders.
Dive Rite Nomad LS Sidemount w/Backup SystemThe same as above but with the added backup/redundant air cell with a extra 10lb’s of lift.
- Outer shell: SuperFabric™ material with double ply 600 denier fabric
- Inner bladder: Heavy duty 420 denier nylon laminated
- Lift capacity: 35 lbs. (15.9 kg)
- Bailout bladder (optional) lift capacity: 20 lbs. (9.1 kg)
- Hose: 16-inch (30.4 cm) corrugated with inflate/deflate valve
- Exhaust valves: One pull-dump at top, center and one at bottom/right corner of wing; configurable with corrugated hose on left or right side of wing
- Cylinder attachment:
- Adjustable Bungee System – 30″ of bungee for each side adjustment along with a 2″ Stainless Ring, medium quick link, and medium snap. Chokers include for use with Dive Rite’s Ring Bungee and Choker method.
- Butt plate: Reinforced nylon to provide the proper amount of rigidity to hold tanks in position and eliminate sag and two stainless steel rails for tank attachment. Easily removed using 2 x 1.5 in stainless slides.
- Crotch strap: 2 in. (5 cm) padded strap with scooter ring
- Hardware: Marine grade stainless steel throughout
- D-rings: Custom low profile angled D-rings on chest, 2 on waist, and 2 each on shoulders straps
- Sizing: One size fits all (comes sized as large and can be adjusted as needed to resize)
- Weight: 5.7 lbs. (2.59 kg)
- Made in USA