Atomic Split Fins offer a radical new approach to diver propulsion. With the slightest kick the split blade deflects to form a pair of wings that slice through the water with reduced drag creating lift in the forward direction to propel you ahead.
Compared to conventional fins they swim with less effort, stress and strain resulting in greater sustained speed, power and comfort. Independent testing has shown that this design can significantly reduce air consumption!
The Atomic Splitfins have a huge number of advanced features. Refer to the numbered product image when read through the list to understand which component is responsible for what.
- Power Rails - The highly resilient power rails perform as the backbone of the splitfin, storing and releasing energy with every kick. Proprietary and exclusive to Atomic Aquatics, this material will not deteriorate or lose its resiliency.
- Flex Battens - Semi-rigid battens set in the soft elastomeric blade controls the precise wing shape to optimise thrust and reduce drag.
- Split Blade - The split blade deflects with the slightest kick to form a pair of wings that slice through the water with reduced drag, propelling you forward.
- High Surface Ratio Blade - Large surface area blade improves pivoting, turning and alternate kicking styles.
- Hinge Points - Thin yet strong and highly flexible hinge points between the semi-rigid battens cause the blade to react quickly and efficiently to the slightest kick.
- Anatomically Correct Foot Pocket - Contoured to fit your foot without stress points, with semi-open toe for added comfort.
- Power Plate - Internal sole plate creates a rigid platform beneath the foot for greater power transfer to the blade yet allows soft, comfortable foot pocket.
- EZ-LOK Buckle System - Totally new, patented buckle system design features easy, one-handed quick release of the buckle from the fin. Re-attachment is simple and secure.